Live to make


My robot costume for Halloween 2007.


I like to make, and the mission of this blog is to chronicle my adventures in making.

I like to make lots of different stuff. I like to cook and bake. I like to sew. I'm trying to teach myself Illustrator and Photoshop. I like to make Halloween costumes. Most of all, I like to write, so keeping a blog is pretty darn appropriate.

This blog will function as a creative diary for me, a place for me to track of projects and musings about materials and process. Most importantly, though, it will be place for me to explore my failures.

I have a confession: I'm a perfectionist, and making mistakes is terrifying. But I know that making mistakes is, without a doubt, entirely educational. I am learning to conquer my fear of mistakes, and readers are going to watch me do it. I give myself permission to fail at Sie macht.

I'll be developing new skills before your eyes while writing this blog. I hope you find my odyssey entertaining, informative, and inspiring. I hope you throw some good advice, good vibes, and constructive criticism my way once in while, too.

So what does "Sie macht" mean, anyway? It means "she makes" in German. I like the way it sounds, and I have a working knowledge of German that I'm trying to increase. (That's something I'll likely write about, too.)

She makes a blog. Oh my goodness, here we go!

Labels: , , , , ,